Followers

Followers

Monday, 18 October 2010

Pocket full of posies Champagne and roses challenge

Good morning everyone! Well I'm feeling a bit better after my wkend of sickness, I even had the day off work yesterday and I haven't had a day off sick in prob 2 years!
Today sees another challenge over at pocket full of posies and this fortnight our theme is champagne and roses, a celebration challenge, so interpret at will! We are lucky enough to be sponsored by the fab Pixie cottage, Michelle has some amazing prices on Nesties and some fabby stamps so check them out!
I chose to make a card with the colour theme of champagne and roses and made an anniversary type card with the most adorable Magnolia Edwin image ever! I tried to create a soft vintage effect for my card using the simple, but lovely sketch over at creative inspirations this wk.

My gorgeous papers are Nitwit collections (again!) with stunning natural coloured lace from wild orchid crafts which is also where my flowers are from. My charm is from stash and my image was coloured with prisma pencils and edged in tea dye distress ink. My sentiment stamps are stampin up.
He is such a lovely image, I don't get to use him often but I think he is so lovely and looks fab in these soft muted colours.

I would like to enter this card into simon says stamps recipe challenge 3 embellishments (I have 3 types, flowers,charm and lace), 2DPs and 1 image. Sarah Hurleys colouring challenge, Incy Wincys pink and brown challenge (who also picked me for their top 3 for my OSAAT Rick st Dennis card and tin creation - thanks guys!) wild orchids pastel challenge and totally Gorjuss pink challenge.
Thanks so much for coming by to visit me! Just one day to the end of my magnolia blog candy, thanks to everyone who has taken part so far!
Hugs everyone

10 comments:

Aussie Loz said...

Edwin is such a sweetheart! Love your colours and the pretty arrangment of roses, great colouring ♥

Lisa Jane said...

oh Edwin looks so sweet and those flowers are beautiful. So glad you are feeling better
Lisa;)

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun, Great work with my sketch :) Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say- thanks for joining us at sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

Jo Davies said...

Stunning!!!! lovely soft colours, hope you are feeling better too! Hugs Jo xxxx

lalkygirl said...

stunning card,love the soft colours you chose and the roses look beautiful .
lalkygirl x

martina's kaartjes said...

Oh, he feels a bit lonely ? Pretty card !
greetings, martina
x

Katy said...

Absolutely adorable! Lovely to see Edwin for a change! Gorgeous flowers and lace and I love the charm. Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations and good luck- we hope to see you next week for another challlenge. Hugs. Katy. xxx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Gorgeous card, wow! I love the colours and the lace! Beautiful work!

Princess Scary said...

Lovely Card!

Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o)

Sarah x