Followers

Followers

Friday, 18 February 2011

SFTW Monochromatic challenge

Hello my friends! It's a bit manic in our house today, kids are off school with an inset day and hubby is trying to sleep having been on nights mmmm me thinks that lots of food is called for to keep small mouths closed!!
It's Friday again (yay for all those who don't work wkends bleugh for me who has work tomorrow!) It's another challenge over at stampin for the weekend and it's one I love which is monochromatic (for those not in the know thats shades of one colour).
I love these challenges and have fully jumped into my purple side today!!
Check out my absolutely stunning image, she is one of a set by the fabulous Rick St Dennis MFA available at his etsy store.

I have used papermania capsule papers and have followed the sketch this wk at wild orchids. My white edging on the right is a marianne deep edge die (most of it is hidden!) and my fantastic flowers are of course wild orchids again. My fab metal scroll corner and sparkly butterfly are from e crafts with my ribbons coming from stash.
I have coloured my stunning mermaid with prisma pencils and inked all my edges with dusty concord.

I also want to enter this into Lollipop crafts favourite colouring medium challenge (how did you guess my prisma pencils were my fave!), Digital tuesdays use a die cut (nesties and Mariannes), Stampavie and more monochromatic, Crafts and me wings (my butterfly), Creative craft world square cards, Cute card thurs shiny happy ( metal corner), Paperplay add shine ( corner and sparkle butterfly), Dutch dare glitter/bling, Crafty purple frog a touch of magic,Challenge up your life monochrome, IDIC bling it up and stamp it crazy free for all.
Thanks so much for coming by here today, pop across and see the other stunning DT creations and join in! Now off to use my new sweetpea stamps that have just arrived all 8 (yep 8!) of them tee hee! Hugs everyone!
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

32 comments:

ona_i_ja said...

Hi Rebekah,

Your monochromatic card is stunning. I love colours you used!
Thank you very much for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Suzette said...

Stunning card, love the layout everything great job and that image is super cute.

Hugs
Suzette

Marianne's Craftroom said...

My fave colour and some of my fave papers, how could I not love it. That corner and the flowers are delish, as is that border. Have a great weekend. Marianne x

June said...

What a beautiful card you`ve made!
The image is amazing and I really like how you have decorated your card:-)
Hugs from June

DesignerDiva said...

This is gorgeous Rebekah everyhting about it, colours, image, design, flowers and that metal corner is to die for - I'm heading there now!
Laurie x

Cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful hun what a gorgoeus image,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Chris said...

OMG! you've taken purple to a whole new place and that image is fabulous. I love mermaids!
Nothing monotonous about your monochromatic card.

Frea said...

Hi Rebekah, love this card, the gorgeous purpe colours and your colouring on the image is stunning! Hugs, Frea

Lisa Jane said...

wow i love the colours in this card - so pretty
Lisa ;)

Mini said...

That is GORGEOUS! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft Workd.
Sue x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow what a fabulous card Rebekah, I love the colour, the image and all the detail.
Kevin xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love all of the detail (and the purple...my favorite color), this image is just colored in beautifully!!

Jo Davies said...

Super sweet hunny..... loving the purple, gorgeous work, hope you house is now fed and happy hehe! Jo xxx

April Reece said...

your card is stunning! The colors are great!

Chrissy said...

This is just gorgeous. Very Beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the butterfly and all the gorgeous detail you put into this. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!! I can look at this card all day long. Stunning work Rebekah!! Did you sent this card to Rick???? Hi will be so happy to have this card on his blog.
Thanks for playing at StampitCrazy.
Hugs Nataliya

Sarah said...

Wow!!!! She is stunning - love her and I love the colours x x x x

Kim. said...

This is a stunning card, love the unusual image it is really effective. Beautifully embellished.
Kim xXx

angelwhispers said...

OMG this is magical alright!! Just stunning and loving the monochrome!!!

thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxxxx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lovely card! Great to see such a successful monochromatic card.

Thanks for playing along with us at PaperPlay Challenges this week.

Rosie
x

Padster said...

Beautiful - thanks for blinging it on with IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie xx

elsi67 said...

So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Tracey said...

This is stunning Rebekah! I love all the details :o)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

DeeDee said...

Wow.. your card ist gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at SAM this week!

Hugs, Diana

Manuela said...

Absolutely fabulous! Great piece of art, I like those colours!! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Yenni Natalia said...

absolutely pretty....purple colour looks great in your card :) love the details as well:)

thanks for join Dutch dare challenge :) hope to see you again next week :)

hugs
yenni

Chocolate Orange said...

Such a gorgeous card Rebekah.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for my 'use a square card' challenge.
Choccy x

Diamond Doll said...

One gorgeous card,fab image and I love the colour combo and a beautiful image.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Michele said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love the monochromatic look, and the purple is just beautiful! Love the mermaid, too!! I just love this card!!

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Andrea C said...

Wow this is stunning x

tiggertastic said...

wow this is excellent, love that image your colouring is amazing and the layout is fantastic

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K