Followers

Followers

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Creative cottage halloween theme and treat box tutorial

Good morning all! Today sees another challenge over at the creative cottage challenge blog and this time our theme has been chosen by the fabulous Teri and she has chosen HALLOWEEN! So we are all making spooky things! I have chosen to make a card and another treat box and figured that this time I would give you a little tutorial on how I make my treat box too!
Here are my creations using fab papers and halloween topper from the creative cottage shop.
My card has been made using the sketch over at paperplay this wk, quite a simple little sketch but fab all the same! I have used this cute digi image from a set I won over at digi stamp boutique, my tulle is from an ebay purchase and my pumpkin charm is pink gem designs. I really can't remember where my sentiment stamp is from, it was a digi set of 3 but I can't remember where from sorry! My gorgeous flowers are of course wild orchids.

My cute little image was cloured with prismas to match my paper colours. I also want to enter him into fussy and fancys halloween challenge this wk.

Now onto my treat box tutorial, I hope you can understand what I'm waffling on about and can get the gist from the photos lol!
I started with a 12x12 (30x30) piece of black cardstock and drew out a template of 24 x 30 cm as below. the blacklines are where I cut out the template, the dotted lines where scored and folded. The blue areas are wasted.

Hopefully if you follow the template above you should have a piece of cardstock that looks a bit like this! Here I have folded all the edges including the small flaps at either side of the triangle sections.

Now to decorate! I used patterned paper on the 2 larger sides and left the triangle sections plain and used white spooky rub ons. On the front section of the box I have used a creative cottage halloween topper along with some dark green tulle and a small leaf and flower. On both the larger sides (front and back) of treat box you need to make holes for eyelets. I have made mine about 2cm in from each side and 1cm down from the top, as long as the front and back ones match up its your choice (one of my front eyelets are hiding under the halloween topper!)

I have then glued the front panel to the side flaps of the triangle pieces. Only glue the front and not the back, otherwise your box won't open! I have chosen to glue the front as my twine ties at the back of my box, if you wanted ribbon tie at the front than you could glue the back panel instead.

I have then threaded twine through my front panel eyelets and through the back panel eyelets and tied to close the box. Sometimes the little triangle side pieces of the box can be a bit pointy when closed so I just trim off the tops. Here is the back view now finished.

And here is the finished front view of my treat boxes, hopefully you can follow my instructions! I will pop in some packets of sweets for my nephews for halloween!

Thanks loads for coming by my blog again! Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and join in with our spooky fun this fortnight to be in with a chance of winning some creative cottage products! Hugs everyone

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fab Halloween creations - i love em!
Thanks for the tutorialLisa ;)

Teri said...

Cute card hun - love those treat boxes too. Have to try those sometime!
Hugs,
Teri x

Jessie said...

Cute projects :)

Anne said...

oh you even showed us how to do them cutie little boxes:) Ta muchly
Great little projects Rebekah
Anne x

Shelly said...

Hi Rebekah! Oh I do love your DT project for this challenge... you've done a fab card and a little treat box to match... they're perfect hun! Thanks for sharing the box making with us... I may even attempt to do one of these! Yours looks adorable! Shelly x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow two fabulous creations, luv the treat box, sue,x

Rachel said...

Cute creations! Love the card and the fab treat box, such cute images! Wedgie xxx

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful creations Rebekah!
/Hanna xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Rebekah and such a scrummy choice of colours and papers...your little treat bag is brilliant and you have created such a brilliant tut...thanks for sharing it...will have to give one of these a go me thinks :) Donna x

Cor* said...

Great mini tutorial and great gift set! LOVE the images and the sentiiment 2cute2spook!! Ahhh love it!! Thanks for getting spooky with us at Fussy & Fancy this fortnight! Happy Halloween!!

troy said...

oh this is too cute for words, roll on halloween
hugs Troy xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Adorable images, great card.

Thanks for Joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday.

Hugs, Mindy