Followers

Followers

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Creative card crew handmade flowers

Wow it has been a long while since I have posted! I have been trying to catch up on some comments so my apologies if I haven't been by to you recently!
Our challenge over at creative card crew this wk is handmade flowers. This sort of makes me want to run and hide! I'm a huge flower fan but of the shop bought kind really! It has also been so long since I have had time to make anything that I am out of my creative flow as it were too so I really didn't know where to start!
Our sponsor for this challenge is Robyns fetish which is where my image came from.

I decided to make a tag as I haven't done one in a while and they are always handy at xmas! I have coloured my image with prismas and added some fun flock for snow over the greenery and log cabin roof. All my edges have been inked with stormy sky and stickle sparkled. My image has been stuck over a pretty die cut from hobby habitat and I have added a Tim Holtz ticket with a 7 gypsies postage stamp sentiment and my merry christmas sentiment is from Waltzingmouse.

I have made my flowers by punching them out with a tonic punch, lightly distressing and sparkled the edges, inked the inners for depth and then layered and added a gem brad for the center. Nothing all that fancy and nowhere near as good as some of my teamies fab handmade flowers!
I would like to enter this into Craft your passion anything but a card challenge, Fab and funky xmas, Do it with digis xmas in aug, Aud sentiments Merry christmas, Crafty purple frog anything but a card, Secret crafter xmas is coming, Totally Gorjuss round and round and Allsorts anything but a card challenge.
Thanks so much for coming by my blog today, please check out the other fab creations by my teamies, we have some fab new DT members!
Hugs to all
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, love this bottle hanger you made, great image, great colouring!! I just finished my Magnolia Treasure Book, I'm pleased to bits with it (blush), so if you have time, do pop over and check it out!! Hugs, Frea

Unknown said...

P.S. Have you read the latest book from the twilight saga yet? Finished it last week, couldn't put it down, sooo many things happening in there. Hugs, Frea

Unknown said...

What a wonderful tag! Love the christmas theme and that beautiful bow. Everytime I try to make one its getting worse and I put it down. :3

Sudha said...

pretty creation dear.

Sandra H said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning:) Sandra H

Lisa Jane said...

your flowers are so pretty Rebekah and look fab on the little tag
Lisa x

Susie Sugar said...

Love this very sweet bottle tag
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar & Lynne xx

Audrey said...

What a beautiful Christmas gift. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a wonderful tag and what a brilliant idea to do on a bottle or two for Christmas. I might just have to try this one out. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Vicky said...

Fantastic hun...!

hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Ideal for the Do It With Digis challenge Woo x

coops said...

stunning card rebekah.the image is beautiful and i love your flowers and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Gem said...

a lovely bottle tag Rebekah, I really must get my bum into gear making more christmas stuff ;) x

Unknown said...

What a fantastic tag, love the unusual shape and the embellishments. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty and such a lovely gift idea. I LOVE making my own flowers. Theres a few (ahem....cough!) tutorials on my blog (just a few she says!!). My blog is only a handful of weeks old and crafting is all quite new to me, so Ive gone a bit flower tutorial crazy! Your flowers are really beautiful. Lee x

Sewe said...

Oh I love this, both the way you made it and the idea. Its really pretty :)

scrap joanny said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- wow this is so pretty card ! hugs Joanna

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested.

Dragonlady said...

So gorgeous, love the whole thing. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rebekah, first can I thank you for your comments on my blog, you won't believe this but tonight is the first time that I have ever watched Twilight, I have recorded it as I only got to see a portion but I am looking forward to sitting quietly and seeing what happens, lol. I love this tag that image is super especially for Christmas it looks really festive.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debs said...

Gorgeous bottle tag Rebekah. Love the image.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is a beautiful bottle tag Rebekah, love the image and the flowers.
Kim xXx

Emma H said...

Beautiful tag - and a great hostess gift! Thanks for sharing with Craft Your Passion this week!

Becky said...

Beautiful tag.

Becky x