Followers

Followers

Saturday 29 October 2011

A gem of a challenge cold and frosty

Hello friends! What a busy week I have had with the kids off for half term and now I get to top it off with a 10 hr shift at work today and an 11 hour shift tomorrow due to someone being off sick, oh well money towards christmas I guess!
Today sees another challenge over at A gem of a challenge and this one has been set by the lovely Janet who wants us to make something with a theme of "Cold and Frosty" and guess what I made another shaker card lol, I'm suddenly loving these!

I have followed the fabulous sketch over at Sweet sketch Wednesday for my card and have used the sublime Tim Holtz shabby chic papers (Yes Laurie I know they are only for stroking but I just can't help myself!!!) I have used snowtex on all the corners for a distressed look and machine stitched. My ribbon and pearls are from stash, my sentiment is waltzingmouse and I have used a magnolia doo hickey die in the form of the swirl and marianne Ds snowflakes die cuts under my flowers. My stunning flowers are mostly from mulberry crafts with the odd bits from a local craft shop.

My sweet image is Angel Chloe from Pink Gem Designs and she has been coloured with prisma pencils. I have found these amazing wood flourish frames from Kaisercraft, I'm also adoring all their wooden flourish range at the mo! I used some acrylic paint mixed with crackle glaze (prob will prime it next time) and then after it had dried used snowtex around the edges. My clear front is OHP sheet and my shaker bits are white and silver glitter.
I have also snowtexed my flowers and stickle glittered my die cuts.

I hope you will join us in this fab challenge and also check out the superb creations from the rest of my teamies!
I would also like to enter this into Lollipop crafts Embellish it, Party time Tues anything goes, Crafts and me Winter Blues, Charisma anything goes, Dutch dare pearls and swirls, Crafty Ribbons Bingo (flowers, ribbons and dies), Aud sentiments winter theme, Totally papercrafts glitter it and Raise the bar sew what.
Thanks so much for coming by my blog again folks, I'm hoping I may be a bit more creative next wk with the kiddies back to school!
Hugs to everyone
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

48 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

This is just gorgeous Rebekah, such fabulous papers and design work and the frame works fantastically well, really gives it an icy look.
Don't work too hard over the weekend.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Mihaela said...

Love this card, looks gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, this is a real stunner!! Wow does that look gorgeous! Love that wooden frame and the colours! Hugs, Frea

Clare Arnold said...

Another stunning card Rebekah, I love the icy colours.

Thankyou for the fabby Halloween card :-)

CLare xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

It's a gorgeous card Rebekah,
I love the papers, they look perfect for the frosty look!
Love, Mel. xxx

Crafty Loops said...

This is a beautiful shaker card Rebekah and it certainly looks cold and frosty with that fantastic paper. Lee x

Sarah-Jane said...

Stunning card. I love the flowers. xx

Julie said...

Very pretty card. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie

Sandra H said...

This is just gorgeous Rebekah, such fabulous papers and design work and what a fabulou frame done to perfection really gives it that cooooooool look!!:) Sandra H

Shell said...

This is fabulous i adore the frame around the image, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! I love the image and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Rebekah. Loads of work gone into that you can tell. Where did you get the Snowtex? x

Anita said...

Beautiful card and the snow tex looks fabulous. This definitely looks like a cold and frosty scene - perfect take on the theme Rebekah!

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation. Love the bluish tones in it.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

coops said...

fabulous card rebekah.the icy colours and details are beautiful and i love the sweet image and fab shaker :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

fabulous card rebekah.the icy colours and details are beautiful and i love the sweet image and fab shaker :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

fabulous card rebekah.the icy colours and details are beautiful and i love the sweet image and fab shaker :D

xx coops xx

Sandy G said...

What a lovely winter christmas card. Love that distressed frame, will need to get me some of those...

Wendy said...

Stunning card Rebekah, sweet image and love all the beautiful details.
Wendy xx

Creations by Shirl said...

love the shaker card Rebekah!
Awesome image and your color/combo, layout is just soooooooo perfect......

Jeannie said...

This is just gorgeous! The colors and the glitter are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sheree said...

Gorgeous card! I love everything about it!

mulberry station said...

Stunning card!! I love the soft blues and those die cut are fabulous! Such a cute image. That for sharing your card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

SuiLan said...

I love this blue, beautiful card!

Kathie said...

Hi Rebekah, stunning card, I do love this icy blue colour. Very cute image and wonderful embellishments. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgeous the image the colors my fav and your attention to detail just fantastic hugs cherylxxxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Rebekah, i like the image and how you have framed it.
Kevin xx

Janet said...

Wow stunning Rebekah! Never made a shaker card.....must give it a go sometime! x

Mandy said...

Oh wow hun this is another stunner, love it :)
I'm pleased you've used the frames as I bought some with my DT spend but wasn't sure what they would look like IRL, looks like a good choice to me :)
hugs Mandy xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Rebekah this is gorgeous, love the shape of the shaker, gorgeous colours, Just adore those flowers and I love the papers, these are some of my faves too lol, hugs Liz xx

Anke said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons.
hugs Tessa & Anke

Unknown said...

Awww Rebekah, this is brilliant, so cool and fresh and the image, love it, so cute xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Rebekah. Love this . The fab painted frame looks brilliant. xx Jenny xx

Sonia said...

HI Rebekah
Totally Gorgeous Creation!! Great JOB!!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Sharon Basel said...

This is so beautiful Rebekah! I love that it's a shaker card too. Gorgeous diecut frame and sweet image. I love your floral embellishments - just stunning! Thanks for playing in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge this week!

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous, gorgeous card Rebekah, love the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Gorgeous Rebekah,I love shaker cards....Love all the detail on your card and your papers and flowers are scrummy....
Mandy x

deesdesigns said...

Beautiful! So glad you could join us for our Make Us Laugh Challenge at Aud Sentiments!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, what a gorgeous card! Love the colours and the image is just adorable. Wonderful frame, think I've just found something else to add to my wish list! Hope work wasn't too hectic for you. Sarah

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really stunning shaker card. Love the frame and the icy blue is beautiful.
Thanks for joining our 'glitter' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Rebekah loving the blue tones, the frame is fab love it, perfect card! Jo xxx

Patti P. said...

This is so cool and frosty....love the frame, need to check these out! Just a perfect card in every way, such creative detailing!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Patti SSW/DT

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Your colour scheme is wonderful. A beautiful card. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Michelle DT x

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful, love the wintery feel to this one! Thanks for sharing and playing with our sketch this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rebekah this is beautiful loving the papers they have a wispy look to them, looks so effective, that image and frame look wonderful so do the flowers, I love this big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Arlana 11426 said...

Wow beautiful christmas card. Love that frame. Arlana@SSW!!!

Iverova said...

In winter frost card out, just lovely!

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!