Followers

Followers

Thursday 26 September 2013

Saturated canary paper piecing

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry I'm just not being much of a blogger lately, in fact I'm not doing as much crafting as I normally do at all. I'm not really happy with what I'm making and I'm not entirely sure why! 
I am doing lots of hours at work (gotta get the pennies in for xmas!) and there always seems to be so much to do around the house! Possibly I'm just being a bit dis organised and letting things get on top of me a wee bit!
Anyway I did what most crafters do in this situation, I bought a few more little digi images last night (it feels like ages since I've bought anything) so hopefully that will stir my creativity into action!
In the mean time it's challenge time again at Saturated Canary and we have a great challenge of paper piecing for you! I always think this is a fab idea as there is less colouring to do which is less time consumming lol but then there is all that fiddly cutting out to do..
So how about a spooky halloween card?! This fast food fly by new digi from Krista is just so cute and I loved using these fab echo park papers to spruce her up! I also used some Waltzing mouse stamps, a prima butterfly and flowers and jute from WOC.
I coloured the rest of her with pencils. Try not to look too close to the right hand side of her face where there is a partially stamped out bat! I was stamping the bats into the corner of the image and one still slightly inked found its way on to the image ggrrr no time to correct that though! The striped papers on her dress and hat are paper pieced and all the green bits have been coloured.
Do check out the awesome creations from the rest of the team with this great paper piecing challenge and we hope you can join us too!
Thanks for coming by my blog
Hugs

12 comments:

Sue B said...

Oh Wow… this is gorgeous Rebekah! what a fab image and the paper piecing looks awesome! I love the fab papers and embellies… the Witches Brew Tag is very sweet!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant, what a sweet card, Love it, Love Hazelxo

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous colours, very witchy. Gorgeous card.

Unknown said...

Life sometimes gets in the way hon, we all have that at times. Beautiful card anyway x

Loopylou. said...

oh Rebekah she is just fabulous!! I LOVE that black butterfly too!!
hugest of hugs Lou xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous and fun Rebekah, i love the image the spiders and the butterfly.
Kevin xx

Brenda Brown said...

A great card Rebekah, I think you are trying to do so much you haven't enough time to actually think creatively. It will come back.
hugs {brenda} x0x

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous, adorable card, love her striped outfit.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

What a bewitchingly beautiful card! Love the paper you used for the paper piecing. Everything goes together so well. I love it!

Camellia Cards said...

The more I look at it the more I love it... Great colours. Not paper pieced before I might try now I've seen this. Thanx Berry, you are an inspiration to me lovey xx Hugz Clare xx

coops said...

so stunning rebekah.i love your paper piecing and fantastic image and details :D

xx coops xx

mags said...

A gorgeous halloween card Rebekah. Love the paper piecing of the image and all your lush embellishments.
Mags
x