Followers

Followers

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Creative Inspirations Traditional xmas colours

Hey everyone!! I know I have been soooooooo absent recently! I have been working hard honest! Unfortunately not crafting though, I have been busy at work whilst hubby has been recovering from his op, he seems to be doing ok now after a pretty painful week but he is slowly on the mend.
I have a valued 2 days off, having worked the last 5 days and am back to work again tomorrow for the next 4 days.
However, it is challenge time again at Creative Inspirations and we want you to use Traditional Christmas colours (I am late with this sorry ladies internet was running super slow this morning!)
But I have not made a card this time (ooo shock!) I am becoming more and more inspired by xmas crafts around the home and lots of handmade goodies I am spying on Pinterest and facebook which i want to try my hand at so today I have a plaque to show you.
I am afraid I can't remember where I bought the plaque from, it was in a set of 3 and they really weren't expensive, just MDF plaques. I used some Gesso to prime and some white acrylic paint on the plaque which I then stamped with a magnolia snowflake stamp in Picket fence Distress ink and also inked the edges in vintage photo. I have used flowers and wooden reindeer embellishment from Wild orchids, rub on letters from KI and the rest from stash.
This was so super easy to make and it beats buying one right?! I am loving the idea of a handmade christmas!
Do check out what the rest of my teamies have made with the stunning traditional xmas colours!
Thanks so much for coming by my blog, despite my lack of blogging!
Don't forget there is a sparkly new challenge at Divas by design today too!
Big hugs

14 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lucy x

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Rebekah, you sound sooo busy and I'm glad hubby is on the mend. Love your hanging perfect for Christmas and I bet the kids love it too. FSC have got a home sweet home challenge on if u r interested.
Take care.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Rebekah! Love the soft stamping and embellishments. Pinterest is so addictive!! x

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah, ooooh that is just so pretty! Lovely embellies and the reindeer is just perfect.

I try to steer clear of Pintrest - spend too much time on the 'puter and too little crafting as it is!!

Glad to hear hubby is recovering and yes it is hard work working full-time, even without kids but add in kids and it's a nightmare! I'm glad I don't have to do it at the mo, no doubt I'll be back there one day though.

Cheerio
Sarah

Brigitte said...

Soooo beautiful!!!! Love al the flowers and the sentiment is awesome! Hugs, Brigitte

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful job. I love a handmade Christmas too.
I hope your husand continues to do well. Recovery is slow but hopefully sure!

Pop's Cards said...

This is awesome sweetie x x x

Creations by Shirl said...

This turned out really pretty and I'm sure in real it must look just gorgeous hanging.

Unknown said...

wow this is really beautiful ..love it rebekah..hope hubby makes a good recovery ...hugs sassyxxx

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Rebekah. I love the colours.
I'm glad hubby is making a good recovery.
Take care
Hugs Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Rebekah I like the raindeer and the flowers.
Kevin xx

mags said...

This is simply gorgeous Rebekah.
Mags
x

Sandra H said...

Hi Rebekah, Oh this is lovely how nice to have something handmade hanging its gorgeous! x

Vicky said...

Absolutely love it Rebekah...!

big hugs Vicky xx