Followers

Followers

Thursday 11 November 2010

Crafty sentiments rememberance day (poppies)

Hi everyone, it's thursday again which means another challenge over at crafty sentiments and this wk we are following the theme of rememberance day (rememberance sunday this wk). So to honour all our soldiers that have died in war we would love for you to use poppies or red flowers or red paper on your projects.
I still sneakily snuck in another christmas card but used my new little stash of poppies which I got from Wild orchids (gorgeous aren't they!), this is one of the fab new christmas Amy stamps now available at the crafty sentiments store and Suzette is offering a free stamp with orders over £8.00 at the mo!

I folowed the fab sketch over at sketch and stash this wk and used the fabulous free digi papers from far far hill, seriously folks if you love all things vintage and haven't been over there to check it out do! There are stacks of freebie papers, frames etc I'm hooked!
I also got these gorgeous free digi vintage ticket sentiments from here, fab stuff! I will admit that I have gone a bit vintage crazy lately!!

I have coloured my white poppy with Marvy le plume pens and water for a slightly less vibrant red. My brown roses are also wild orchids. My ribbons are from stash as are my little pearls.
I also wanted to enter this into craft your passions challenge of doubling things on your card. I have doubled my chiffon ribbon to give a 2 coloured bow, used 2 pearls and 2 DP and 2 types of flowers, hope that all counts!
I hope you can join in with a little Red this wk, don't forget to pop accross and see some of the other lovely DT creations! Hugs to everyone!

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

whata sweet card - and such a lovely idea to have the poppies
Lisa ;)

Jac’s Playground said...

Stunning card Rebekah, love the vintage feel to it and those poppies are wonderful. Off to check out Far Far Hill now. thanks for the link xx

Lizzy said...

Such an adorable card, luv the poppies

Thanks for joining us at sketch & stash

xx Lizzy xx :)

Sue said...

really sweet card and a gorgeous litle image:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

pinky said...

Great job with this weeks card Rebekah, love your little poppies.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, I really loved how you doubled the ribbon, looks great xx

Tammylee said...

Very cute!~ Great job and wonderful coloring~

Hugs
Tammylee

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Rebekah the papers, colours and image are beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.Fabulous colouring on the image and the poppies are the perfect finishing touch.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Rebekah, I wish I got some of those poppies they do look fab! Hugs Jo xxx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Rebekah!!!! Congratulations on your awesome cool award. I got one from another one of my bloggin buddies and apparetnly I got attitude too. Yeah Whoop Whoop!!!
I just love your super sweet card. Your image is darling.
Hugs Bonnie