Followers

Followers

Thursday 13 March 2014

Saturated Canary Mother's day inspiration

Hello lovely folk how are we all?! It's a bit brrrr freezing here today (lots of cold fog about) and there was me thinking that spring was coming with a few recent days of sun!
I have made a little inspiration today for Saturated Canary. I wanted to make a Mother's day card with a difference. I haven't tried one of these cards with draws in before so I figured it was time to give it a go!
I found a tutorial on how to make something like this HERE. I changed the measurements a bit as I wanted mine to be bigger (this is a 6x6) I love the fact there are 2 little drawers to the front and one on either side so thats 4 drawers for little extra goodies!!
I have used Magnolia papers for all of this on kraft card stock. The little drawer handles are made from ribbon and gem brads. The card on top is an easel card and stands up on this sentiment I printed from google search which is mounted on foam pads.
My wonderful image is the darling Snail mail from saturated Canary she is just so cute! I have coloured her with prisma pencils and have edged  in a tsempelglede stamp in Victorian velvet ink. My cute wooden tag is from LLC and has been stamped with a LOTV stamp.
My fowers are a mixture of some stunners from LLC and WOC. There is a prima wooden clock in there and of course that stunning butterfly from Kays Kreative Korner (swoon!) I have also used a bit of pink tulle under the layers for added texture.
Here is ho the card lays flat against the box for ease of posting. Now all I have to do is find some delicious goodies to pop in those drawers and send it off to my mum!
Thanks for coming by my blog again and do pop by the SC blog for some more inspiration and join in with us over on our Facebook page for some challenge fun!
Big hugs

17 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful box card Rebekah your Mum is going to be delighted! Susan xx

DesignerDiva said...

Whoa!!! I'm a mother - I want one of these!!! WOW Rebekah I love this (can you tell) I've bookmarked the tutorial ready for production!
beautiful beautiful card
hugs Laurie xx

Silvie Z said...

Absolutely beautiful Rebekah, your Mum will love this, that's for sure :) !! Love your amazing coloring, the choice of colors....love everything!
Hugs,
Silvie xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous box and card Rebekah,love the papers and design.I think your Mum will be delighted to receive it.
Hugs Sue x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing, what a brilliant project, I love it, I wanna be your Mum to get it form Mothers Day, Love Hazelxox

Kay F said...

This is a beautiful creation! Loved everything about this...I may have to try something like this myself!

Vee said...

This is really gorgeous I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled to receive it
Vee xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic gift
hugs Tamara

Sandra H said...

Oh Rebekah this is absolutely stunning x

Céline said...

inone word : fabulous !!!
love the colors. the big butterflyis fantastic !
hugs
céline

Unknown said...

Write more, that's all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what you're talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?Cardsharing Server

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Rebekah this is Stunning I love everything about it!!!
Kevin xx

JayBe said...

Your work is outstanding, hun - a true inspiration. What a gorgeous piece of art for your mum to enjoy, especially with the extra hidden goodies for her to find.

Big hugz, Jan xx

coops said...

so stunning rebekah.i love the fabulous design and colours and your image and embellies are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Franz♥ said...

Wow! What a precious project and wonderful colouring hun!

Hugs, Franz.

Evik said...

So cool!!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this is Gorgeous!!!You rock!!!