Followers

Followers

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Divas by design die cuts and punches challenge

Well folks all I seem to be doing at the mo is apologising for my lack of blogging! I really am not up to much at the mo and life is just getting a bit too much in the way. I was looking forward to this wk with hubby being on nights and me being able to craft into the wee hours but this is not to be! I am stuck with, yes you guessed it, more sick kids! In the last 5 wks there has been about 1 or 2 days where noone in the family was sick and it's really getting to me at the moment! I managed to get my son back to nursery last wk after nearly 3 wks of sickness and now both my girls are sick. I feel like a washer woman with all the laundry going in and out and am just a tiny bit tired of clearing it all now!
I also have the most ginormous hole in my roof! Actually its a great big roofless dorma and it does look fab but it has a mass of tarpaulin on it to keep out any rain (none at the mo!) but it sounds like we are sleeping in a tent on a very windy day lol!
I have managed to make a card for the Divas by design new challenge which is to use die cuts and/or punches although I'm not that thrilled with it!

I have used scraps of paper from shabby princess, nitwits and Robyns fetish and an image from our fab sponsor Stitchy bear and have followed the sketch at Crazy 4 challenges although I turned it on its side. I have used nesties dies and mariannes flourish die for the theme and have added corner metal scroll and butterfly from e crafts with flowers from wild orchids, sentiment from waltzingmouse and gems from stash.

I have coloured my image with prismas and used spiced marmalade distress ink. I wanted to highlight our sponsors more but my printer went funny and wouldn't print out the sponsor paper so I have added a couple of cards previously blogged onto the challenge blog made with the sponsors images too.
I also want to enter this into Pear tree designs stamp something challenge, Craft your passion use red, the crazy challenge beautiful women, Delightful fun in the sun and crafty pads bold and bright challenge.
Please drop by and check out the superb creations by the other DT members! I am also sorry I haven't previewed any of the new crafty sentiments xmas images but you can see them here from the other DT members. Hopefully some inspiration will drop in my lap soon and the kids will get better (they are even missing sports day tomorrow because they are too ill!)
Thanks for dropping by and big hugs
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

19 comments:

Laila said...

Lovely card.
Hugs Laila

check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Rebekah, I like the design and that fab gold corner
Kevin xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun it sounds like your doing it tough at the moment! Sending ya huge hugs & I hope your kids are better soon!

As for your card, its gorgeous! Just love the papers!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges & CYP this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Brenda Brown said...

Oh Rebekah, just a nightmare with sick kids and for so long. I really hope they are all better soon.
Love your card, such pretty colours and great embellishments.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sassy Scrapper said...

So sorry to hear the kids are sick again. I don't miss those days. I hope they have a speedy recover so mum can breathe a sigh of relief and spend more time crafting. It's always such a stress relief when creating, don't ya think.

Now onto your card. You silly girl it's gorgeous. This bathing beauty is fabulous absolutely chic!!! Papers and embellies are beautiful.

On another note I can't wait to see what you create with your new paper, I am soooo excited.
Have a great day hun.
Hugs Bonnie

cheryl said...

oh hun really feel for you bless your heart,try and take is easy hun,as for your card hun is just stunning,the detail is as ever gorgeous hugs cherylxxxx

Mandy said...

Hi Rebekah,
Sorry to hear life is tough at the moment,hope things have improved for you now and everyone is feeling better....Lovely card...
Mandy x

Unknown said...

Really cute thanks for joining us at PTD this week.

Kerry

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card adorable image and coloured to perfection.:) Sandra H

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rebekah this is one gorgeous card what a beautiful image and I adore the flowers and colours, this would be perfect for the challenge over at Digital Tuesday this week, which is Flower Power.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Oooh gorgeous card Rebekah - perfect colouring. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

Hope all the sickness leaves your home real soon. :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Rebekah,love that gorgeous butterfly.Hope everyone is feeling better real soon.
Wendy xx

coops said...

fabulous card rebekah.shes one saucy lady and your colours and design are stunning.
i hope all your little ones are better soon hun so you can get a bit of time for yourself.

xx coops xx

Dawn said...

Hope things improve for you soon!
Your card is lovely!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Anita said...

This is so beautiful. Love the papers and flowers too.

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah - poor you, things sound so tough at the mo. I hate Em being sick, can't stand the smell that comes along with the little pile of gunk - ugggghhh! And you've had 9 weeks of it, I think you deserve more than an evening of cherries and choc! Love your cards, this one and the others you've put on Divas. Your colour combos are always inspired and your colouring is perfect. Hope things improve soon. Sarah

Unknown said...

This is a great card! Love the image with the sentiment, this would be perfect for a long distance 'miss you.' Great use of embellishments too! I usually go for a Harry Potter film or LOTR when I feel the way you do! Sorry to hear about all the sick kiddos, no fun at all!!! Wishing you all a return to better health and a speedy finish-up with the builders so life returns to what we call normal.

Basslady said...

wonderful and hot card! ;-)

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Laney said...

Gorgeous as always Rebekah!! hope the babes are feeling better soon...you'll need a holiday!!
hugs
laney