Followers

Followers

Friday 17 June 2011

A hanglar birthday card for my daughter

HI Folks! well my hubby came home from work early yesterday with sickness and is also off today, my little boy has had this bug on and off now since sunday evening and I'm just hoping it doesn't reach it's peak with me anytime over this wkend as I have work sat and race for life on sunday and don't fancy being ill for either of those!
To top that it's our daughter, Hiolette's, 9th birthday today and we are having 3 little girls around for tea so I don't fancy spreading the bug amoungst them!
This is the birthday card I have made for her using this super cute Hanglar image and following the fab sketch over at Lovely hanglar only this time.

I have used Prima sweet fairy papers along with this super sweet summer image. My lace and flowers are wild orchids with some prima flowers in there too. My ribbon and brads are from stash and my sentiment is crafty sentiments. My button and pearls are also from stash.

I have coloured my image with prismas and distress torn my edges whilst adding some antique photo ink, no cheesecloth here today lol!

I would also like to enter this into Pollycrafts ribbon and flowers challenge, Totally stampalicious anything goes, Simon says stamp and show torn edges, Top tip tues open, Simon says stamp bingo ( Flowers, brads sentiment), Creative inspirations blue, green and 1 other (white), My mums craft shop seeing spots and Delightful anything goes.
Thanks for coming by my blog again folks I promise to be more sociable soon, I guess thats the trials of having 3 children, normally 1 brings a bug home to share!
Hugs all
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter and get well wishes to the boys!
LOve the colours in this pretty card and the great layout - she will adore it
Lisa x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Love your hanglar card Rebekah.
The design is beautiful!
Love the colours and the lace is so pretty!
Keep bug free.
Love, Mel.xx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgeous oh just love the image and those flowers are just,lush,and love the lace,hugs cheryl xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh I hope this bug misses you out hun, not nice....wish Hiolette a happy birthday from me x

Gorgeous card hun I'm sure she will love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Brenda Brown said...

So gorgeous Rebekah, love all of it and I bet your daughter does too.
Hope all the sickness disappears soon and good luck for Sunday - hope it stays dry for you.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card Rebekah, I like the colours you have used and the sweet image, I hope you will all be feeling better soon.
Kevin xx

Anita said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Rebekah. Love that image and your coloring. Happy BDay to your daughter. I hope you all feel better soon.

Marina said...

It's sooo wonderful Rebekah!
I love it and I'm sure your daughter will love it too.

Thanks for playing with us at "lovely hÄnglar only" again,

hugs,
Marina

P.S.: Happy Birthday to your daughter and all the best for you and your family.

Kim. said...

Aw Rebekah this is gorgeous, love everything about it.
Happy Birthday to your daughter andI hope she has a lovely time with her friends.
I hope the bugs are working their way out of the family now and not effecting anyone else.
Good luck for the weekend's race.
Kim xXx

coops said...

fantastic card rebekah.really gorgeous image and your fresh colours and embellies are stunning.
happy birthday to your daughter and i hope everyone is feeling better soon :D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Happy birthday to your daughter, love the image so beautifully done.......:)Sandra H

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Rebekah,gorgeous image and colours.Hope your daughter has had a lovely birthday,good luck for sunday.
Wendy xx

sara said...

beautiful card love this hanglar she is so sweet isnt she great colouring too thanks so much for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
hugs sara x

Flutterby Trina said...

lovely image, love the 'tabs' over the top! Thanks for playing along this week at Tip Top Tuesday with our 'anything' challenge! Good Luck, hope to see you again next week x

Ana Márquez said...

they are a lovely blog, a lovely work and... a lovely "dream" ;-)
regards!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Thank you for taking part in an OPEN CHALLENGE at Top Tip Tuesday!

Your creation is stunning!:)

So happy you've joined us!

Maggie
xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Rebekah...ooh that's really funny, my daughter will also be 9 on Tuesday! Hope your daughter had a wonderful day!! Funny to think we were both wobbling around this time 9 years ago lol.
LOVE your amazing card. So pretty.
Hope everyone get better soon, and good luck with the race for life. xx Jenny xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Rebekah what a beautifully designed card the colours, flowers and image look super I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Candy C said...

Rebekah- your card is truly lovely! I love your little stamped image and she is colorized to perfection. Your color scheme is amazing. All of the layering really is striking. The little flower running down the side are the perfect finishing touch. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs- Candy

Teresa said...

Stunning card. xx