Followers

Followers

Saturday 9 July 2011

A gem of a challenge lets hear it for the boys DT

Hey folks! I'm late with my post so a big sorry from me but thanks to my lovely builders taking down a wall and with it my main telephone line I have been without phone and net for 24 hrs so I'm currently in work using their wireless! I do have a proactive hubby though that has apparently fixed the connection at home yay! So hopefully normal service will be resumed. My apologies for not getting by to comment because of this!
On to our challenge over at a Gem of a challenge and we have the theme of Let's hear it for the boys! Not my fave type of card, those pesky male ones! I am however trying to enjoy them a bit more!

I have used the sketch over at creatalicious for my card and have used these super yummy papers from Tim Holtz shabby chic pad, infact this card is a bit of a Holtz extravaganza! I have used this fab Andy image available at the Pink Gem store now!

I have coloured Andy with prisma pencils and have distress edged in stormy sky ink. All my paper edges have been distressed with a craft knife and inked with vintage photo. My sentiment is SU in a Tim Holtz frame. I have used ribbons, brads and beads from stash along with a Tim Holtz cog.

I would also like to enter this into Pollycrafts Celbrations challenge, Anything goes the letter D (for distressing), ABC Y is for yesterday, Pennys paper crafty happy birthday, Aud Sentiments use atleast 2 words, Papercrafting Journey for him, Sarah Hurley circle frenzy and card cupids for the boys.
Please pop by and check out the other fab DT creations and hopefully join in with us this time! Thanks for popping by here again!
I do have stairs right up into an actuall room now and we have the roofers out all weekend so will have more updated pictures to show you soon!
Hugs all
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

26 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh he is a cutie .. i love male cards .. Fab embellies ..especially that gorgeous sentiment frame
Lisa x

cheryl said...

oh hun how super cute is he,oh just love the embellishments on here to make a gorgeous card hun hugs cherylxxxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh I love your card Rebekah!!
It's beautiful. And I'm not a boy card fan.
I love that fantastic sentiment frame!
And the colours are perfect.
Lovely card.
Mel. xx

Sandra H said...

This is stunningly beautiful:) Sandra H

Wendy said...

Fantastic boys card Rebekah,hes so cute,love the papers.
Wendy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Rebekah, I like the image, the distressing and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Rebekah! Love this!! What fab embellies xx Jenny xx

Hannah Clark said...

This is so cute! I love the hardware on this card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

coops said...

fantastic card rebakah.i love the image and stunning distressing and your colours and details are fab ;D

xx coops xx

Gem said...

beautiful card, what a cute image :) X

Emma said...

An adorable card, such a cute image.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
C
xx

Janet said...

This is just gorgeous Rebekah and I love the metal details x

Dragonlady said...

Such a gorgeous card, love all the details. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

PS Why not check out my candy too

Anita said...

This is completely adorable Rebekah. I love the metal embellishments. Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft challenge this week.

jaine drake said...

Cute cute card. Love it and I love your blog background too - very yummy. Sadly I can't sit and drool over it all day. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this week.

Laila said...

It's great :o) The embellies are perfect for boy/mens card.
Hugs Laila

check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Sassy Scrapper said...

Awww what a little cutie!!!! Such an awesome job on a boy card!!! I can't do it. I just cant pull it off. I'm too much about the frills and flowers heehee. Not you hun this is great the paper and embellishments are awesome. Your shadowing is amazing.
Hugs Bonnie

Cheryl said...

Cute card! I love the embellis you used.



~Cheryl~
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Lori said...

This is just darling - love that little boy and his friends!

Unknown said...

Oooh...This is totaly pure cuteness!! Just love your coloring, and adore that image!! Great details too! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Suzie McFloozy said...

Another stunning card Rebekah - I ADORE that frame and the beads look fab too hun x
Thanks so much for playing along with us at paper crafting journey - good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Tammy Miller said...

Awwwww this is sooooo cute, thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Tammy DT

Ruthie said...

This is brilliant - love it!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Hugs

Rx

Jacki Daniels said...

sweet image thanks for joining in with us at PCJ
Jacki xx

Distressed Miss said...

Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at ABC. Hugs Clare
x