Followers

Followers

Saturday 23 July 2011

A gem of a challenge new sketch time!

Happy weekend everyone! I would love to say I am relaxing at home with not a builder in sight lol But alas when the builders have the weekend off I go to work! We are having a charity day today too so we are all dressed up 80s style, I'm doing the "fame" things neon leg warmers and all!
Onto todays challenge over at a gem of a challenge and we have a fabulous sketch over there today, please go and check it out! And what is this another boy card from me?! Actually my hand was forced a little as I had my nephew and my friends son both having birthdays this weekend and I lack badly in the boy card stash so I had to get cracking on some more!

I have used this lovely Andy on swing stamp for my card from Pink gem designs and have used papers from Tim Holtz Shabby chic collection. I have embossed the lower horizontal piece with a Tim Holtz embossing plate too and inked in tea dye distress ink.My metal pieces are from stash, although my small gear is Holtzy again.

I have coloured my image with prismas and stamped the edge with a stempelglede stamp. My stunning lace is prima, my ribbon and metal button are from stash. My ticket is Holtz again (a TH overload lol) and my tag is one of those off a kiddy pair of jeans, nothing like a bit of recycling! The little key charm on the tag is 7 gypsies and my sentiment in the corner is SU.

I am slowly starting to enjoy boy cards! I am actually trying to apply the same style and technique I use for girl cards but ommiting the flowers, it seems to be working so far!
I would like to enter this into totally stampalicious buttons and bows, Simon says stamp and show some embossing, Bearly mine Tag you're it, Spoonful of sugar tags, Paper pretties embossing, Cute card thurs for his eyes, Paperplay ribbon, lace and buttons, Craft us crazy anything goes, Sarah Hurley colouring, totally papercrafts one for the boys, frosted designs buttons, crafty catz no pink or blue, crafty Anns embossing and sentimental sundays for the men challenge.
Thanks for coming by my blog again folks and do check out the super creations by my other fab DT teamies!
Hugs to everyone
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

29 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun just love this,image,and as always your detail is just lush hun,have a lovely weekend hun hugs cherylxxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i think you do boys cards very well.. and this one is no exception..he is soo cute -love the frog
The tags are fab
Lisa x

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card - I love the colours you've chosen. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Sandra H said...

Stunning card and l really love the colours used :) Sandra H

Exclusively by Mel said...

Superb boy card!
Love your colouring Rebekah.
And the jeans tag looks fab!
Love, Mel. xx

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweet card, love your distressing and fabulous colouring xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Rebekah - I recognised the paper staright away. You have made a gorgeous vintagey (?) card - great job.
Try to have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card for a boy, Rebekah....love your colouring and vintage-like style!
xxx Margreet

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Rebekah
A gorgeous card, fabulous image and love the paper's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Julie said...

This is adorable! Great coloring and beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us for the buttons and bows challenge at Totally Stampalicious this week!

Sudha said...

Pretty creation dear. Luv the image too.

Vicky said...

Just so cute hunni...!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Teresa said...

Great card, gorgeous colours and a very cute image, love it!
Teresa xx

coops said...

gorgeous card rebekah.i love the fab image and your colouring and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Rebekka, love the embellishments too, the image is real cute.Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Jennifer said...

REally gorgeous Rebekah. Love all your embellies xx Jenny xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous boys card Rebekah,gorgeous image.
Wendy xx

Janet said...

Just gorgeous Rebekah! I love the jean tag addition :) x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Rebekah, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Rebekah this is totally fab, what a cute image and a truly wonderful design love the vintage style tags, thank you for sharing this with us at Bearlymine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mel X said...

Such a cute image, fab colourwork.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Tracey Manderson said...

wonderful card! it comes together fantastically! Good luck and thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges
Hugs
Tracey
xx

jaine drake said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley this week.

Claire said...

This is gorgeous, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
c
xx

Janet said...

Fabulous card! Love all the TH touches and the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Kim Costello said...

Lovely card, great vintage colours!
Thanks, the Design Team and I are so pleased you joined in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!
HuGs Kim :)

Eli said...

wondefrul!
Eli (Frosted designs)

Deb said...

Beautiful card! Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week! Debxx

Anonymous said...

I love the tags you added to this card. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Frosted Designs.