Followers

Followers

Wednesday 11 August 2010

A Sympathy card

Hello everyone, hope we are enjoying ourselves this wk, I have spent a day with the family at Beeston castle so far, another at knowsley safari park where the baboons ripped off our windscreen wipers! Today I took the girls to town for some retail therapy anf we will finish off our wk with a trip to Camelot phew!
I haven't made a challenge card today. At work on sunday, a lovely couple who are very regular customers came in and told me their daughter had died last thurs, she was only 49, perfectly healthy and they had no idea why it happened, they were in such shock, it was truly awful to see. I have made this simple sympathy card to give them when I next see them.

I have never really made a sympathy card before so kept it relatively simple with a simple embossing folder, some flowers, lace and butterfly.

I found the sentiment verse on line and printed it off myself, I hope it lets them know how saddened I am for their loss, as a parent myself, I cannot imagine having to loose a child no matter their age. Take care everyone hugs

8 comments:

Gem said...

thats beautiful, so elegant and perfect for a sympathy card :) xx

cowboydutrem said...

That card is beautiful. I don't think they really can be comforted right now, but it's a great way to show you care.

pinky said...

Its just stunningly perfect for the occasion rebekah. Had sad is that, I am sure they will really appreciate it.
Pinky

D K Crafts said...

This is such a beautiful card. I am sure it will be very much appreciated by the family and to know that you are thinking of them at this sad time. Donna

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Rebekah how sad That is terrible at such a young age. Your card is beautful , elegant and will i am sure mean a lot to them
Lisa ;)

Janet said...

What a sad story.........the card is absolutely beautiful though x

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Rebekah, loving clean and crisp so appropriate! Hugs Jo xxxx

Sarah said...

Simply beautiful xxx